(LONDON) por Paula Tooths
Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana (Upward Facing Intense West Stretch) is an elegant balance that strengthens the abdominals and hip flexors, lengthens the hamstrings, and improves mental focus.
Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana help relieve backaches, and prevent hernia
When we think of failure; failure will be ours. If we remain undecided nothing will ever change. All we need to do is want to achieve something great and then simply to do it. Never think of failure, for what we think, will come about. ∞ Maharashi Mahesh
- Lie flat on the floor
- Have the hands straight over the head.
- Have the legs stretched straight, tightened at the knees and take a few breaths.
- Breathe out and slowly raise both the legs together and bring them over the head.
- Have the fingers interlocked and clasp the soles, stretching the legs straight up with the knees tightened, resting the entire back on the floor.
- Take a few breaths.
- Exhale and lower the legs towards the floor beyond the head by widening the elbows. While doing so try to have the pelvis near the floor as much as you can. The knees have to be kept tightened throughout.
- Slowly rest the chin on the knees.
- Remain in this position for about 30 to 60 seconds with even breathing.
- Breathe out and bring back the legs to the original position.
- Release the hands with an inhalation and bring the legs to the floor and relax.
- Lengthens leg muscles, can help relieve backaches, and prevent hernia.
- It helps tone kidneys, and abdominal organs.
- Stretches the hamstrings on the back of the legs
- Stretches and lengthens the entire spine
- Massages the internal organs, especially the digestive organs
- Relieves digestive problems such as constipation
- Relieves problems with sciatica
- Invigorates the nervous system
- Stimulates manipura chakra (solar plexus center)
- Balances the prana within the body
- Calms the mind
- Improves concentration
- Back injury: Only perform this pose under the supervision of an experienced teacher.
Hope you enjoyed!
See you tomorrow!!