(LONDON) por Paula Tooths
English translations of the name vary, including “Twisting Half Moon,” “Half Moon Twist,” and others. But no matter what your teacher calls it, you’ll gain all of this pose’s benefits when you add it to your practice!
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I can’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, they make them. – George Bernard Shaw
1. From High Lunge with the right foot forward, inhale and step forward into the right foot, straightening the right leg. Straighten the left leg up parallel to the floor.
2. Staring at a point on the floor, slowly inhale and lift the left hand up to the left hip. Roll the left hip up towards the ceiling, turning the hips towards the side wall.
3. Slowly inhale the reach the left hand up towards the ceiling.
4. Slowly turn and look at the side wall, staring a one point.
5. Breathe and hold for 3-6 breaths.
6. To release: slowly bring the left hand back to the floor. Step the left foot back into a lunge.
7. Repeat on the other side.
A) Use a yoga brick under the hand.
B) Practice against a wall, leaning the back, head and legs against the wall for support.
Have the lower hand 1-2 inches above the floor balancing completely on the standing leg.
- Strengthens the ankles, thighs, buttocks, spine, and abdomen
- Stretches the, hamstrings, shoulders, chest, and spine
- Improves coordination and sense of balance
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Helps relieve stress
- Improves digestion
Do not practice Revolved Half Moon Pose if you have low blood pressure or are currently experiencing headaches, insomnia, or diarrhea. Women who are pregnant should also avoid this pose. Those with neck injuries should not turn their heads to face the top hand but should continue looking straight ahead. Always work within your own range of limits and abilities. If you have any medical concerns, talk with your doctor before practicing yoga.
Hope you enjoyed!
See you tomorrow!!