At first glance, the plank pose looks similar to a fitness-based push-up. But there are important differences between the two. It’s crucial to ensure you are performing the pose with correct alignment; otherwise, it’s very easy to injure your shoulders, elbows, and wrists.
Plank is also part of the Sun Salutation Sequences.
“You cannot do Yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state.” ∞ Sharon Gannon
- Keep your shoulders over your wrists.
- Press your fingertips to the floor with equal weight on both hands.
- Make sure your body is in one straight line head to toes.
- Squeeze your belly in, keeping your shoulders away from the ears.
- Gaze towards the floor relaxing your face and eyes.
- Hold this pose 30 seconds or longer.
Chaturanga Dandasana has various benefits. It helps you in balancing your body. It strengthens your arms, wrists & feet. It also tones your abdomen. It is the base for more advanced balancing yoga asanas. It helps in improving blood circulation in your body. For those who go to gym, it helps them in strengthening their biceps & triceps. This asana gives a good stretch to your spine & helps in keeping you away from chronic-related problems.
Hope you enjoyed!
See you tomorrow!!