“Yoga! One Position a Day” starts Today….
The most of you know that yoga is my religion, my light, my philosophy and with no doubt, it is my lifestyle. Years back, I didn’t believe yoga could help me but on the very first pose, it got me. It is much more than an addiction. Yoga is the tool I used to talk to the Universe and to my ‘self’. Yoga saved my existence.
People do not pay attention to the correct method of standing… Owing to our faulty method of standing and not distributing the body weight evenly on the feet, we acquire specific deformities which hamper spinal elasticity. Even if the feet are kept apart, it is better to keep the heel and toe in a line parallel to the median plane and not at an angle. By this method, the hips are contracted, the abdomen is pulled in and the chest is brought forward. One feels light in the body and the mind acquires agility. If we stand with the body weight thrown only on the heels, we feel the gravity changing; the hips become loose, the abdomen protrudes, the body hangs back and the spine feels the strain and consequently we soon feel fatigued and the mind becomes dull. It is therefore essential to master the art of standing correctly. — B. K. S. Iyengar
Tadasana, or Mountain Pose, is a basic standing posture and is, therefore, the foundation for all others. Physically, it helps to create space within the body, allowing internal organs to work more efficiently. This can drastically improve respiration as well as digestion and circulation. Mentally, it leaves its users invigorated and motivated, making it perfect for an early morning session.
- Straightly stand, on the ground place your feet flat at that time your heels a little distance. Big toes bases are touching. The both feet between allocate your weight equally. Do this you will feel fully balance your weight in both feet.
- Stays your thigh muscles compact with no harden your belly.
- Raise your both hands and joined your two hands fingers.
- Extend the shoulders blades and a little bend towards the back after release slowly.
- At that time your head in a straight line with the middle of your pelvis, and also keep your chin floors parallel. Soften your eyes and throat.
- Stay this pose for minimum 30 seconds. Longer time you can keep balancing that time you may try to do one minute. Maintain to breathe easily.
Benefits of Mountain Pose:
- Improves posture
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles
- Increases awareness
- Steadies breathing
- Increases strength, power, and mobility in the feet, legs, and hips
- Firms abdomen and buttocks
- Relieves sciatica
- Reduces flat feet
- Develops strength and flexibility simultaneously, especially in the spine
- Relieves tension, aches, and pains throughout the body
- Improves blood circulation
- Encourages healthy digestion and elimination
- Leaves you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated
- Expels dullness and depression
- Harmonizes the body and mind
- Increases energy and enthusiasm
NOTE: Before doing any asana you must know your health. When you feels pain while doing any asanas then you have to stop it immediately. A trained instructor can guide you in a better way.